Job opportunity, Aviagen: Head of Technical Operations (Turkey, Middle East & Africa – TMEA)
Aviagen are now seeking a Head of Technical Operations to join the management team. Full role requirements and job description is available below.
Aviagen is the world’s leading poultry breeder, providing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens. The Company has a number of wholly owned operations across the United Kingdom, Europe, Turkey, S Africa, Brazil, India, and Australia, New Zealand and USA and various joint ventures. Supported by our distributor network, we supply customers in over 130 countries.
The Turkey, Middle East & Africa region is a key growth region and also commercially dynamic and in order to support our internal technical personnel along with our distributor & customer technical teams as well as interact with and support the regional product manager we are now seeking a Head of Technical Operations to join the management team.
Reporting directly to the President of TMEA the successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager of Aviagen Anadolu – Turkey, the Senior Operations Manager in Aviagen South Africa and the TMEA Business Manager including their commercial and technical teams as well as international business support teams which will mean working with multi-cultural environments and different time zones in the region.
The key role objective is to work alongside the TMEA management team and regional managers and ensure that we continue to develop, improve and deliver the leading technical service to our customers to maximise the genetic and economic potential of our products.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 10 years customer facing production/technical experience across a range of environments and a thorough knowledge of poultry management ideally within the grand parent, parent and broiler generations, as demonstrated by a mix of qualifications and / or experience.
Key attributes required are:-
- Excellent workload priority, planning and organisational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to identify training and development needs for the technical teams
- Commercial awareness/experience in order to best influence and deliver technical service for customer requirements
- Direct input into certain Key Regional accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to manage, influence and persuade others through powerful communication in a range of management levels
- You must be proficient in the English language both oral and written
- Other languages could be beneficial (eg French, Arabic, Turkish)
This position will require extensive planned travel within the region (circa 140 days). There may be a need to relocate to within the TMEA region.
If you are interested in contributing to this exciting and growing area of our business, please send your CV to email@example.com